TO ALL OF YOU TRYING TO BUILD YOUR OWN WEBSITE
- You should generate your website with Jekyll (Github Pages uses Jekyll)
- Read through the Jekyll documentation
- Jekyll is not supported on Windows, so SWITCH TO UBUNTU! IT’S FREE AND OPEN SOURCE!!!
- If you really cannot switch to Ubuntu and are running Windows 10, you can enable WSL and install Ubuntu inside Windows. Jekyll should run without problems on Ubuntu inside Windows.
- You should test your website locally before updating it on Github. Here is the tutorial which I used. (it also covers the Minima theme a bit)
- The default Jekyll Minima theme works just fine. You should play around with it for a few weeks (look through the theme layouts and customize stuff) before choosing a new theme.
- You should stop copying and pasting code from random other websites. Doing so does not help you learn!
- You can find free Jekyll themes at jekyllthemes.org.
Switch to Ubuntu!
Windows is a terrible operating system.
Ubuntu is an amazing operating system.
You should start using Ubuntu!